We know this is likely to be the most challenging chapter in the lives of all Victorians. A time that we will get through based on our unity, compassion and care for one another. And a time that we at the Melbourne Rebels are constantly striving to bring you joy and make you proud through our actions and performance.
As a loyal 2020 Rebels Members, your ongoing support is sincerely appreciated and we are so much stronger knowing you are behind us. We have never had a more unifying purpose and I hope you have seen or heard our players and coaches genuinely acknowledge our gratitude for our members.
We are well positioned at Round 6 of the current Super Rugby AU competition to make history and when we do, it will be for you.
Over the last week we have seen the confirmation of Victoria’s stage four lockdowns; and more recently confirmation from Rugby Australia of the target competition models for 2021 and beyond that we will be competing in. We now know with greater certainty what our immediate and mid-term future will look like and with that understanding, we are now in a position to write to you with respect to your Melbourne Rebels membership. We appreciate your patience during this period of uncertainty.
With it now not possible for any Melbourne Rebels Super Rugby AU matches to be played in Melbourne due to government restrictions, we acknowledge that we will not be able to fulfil a portion of your membership benefit to attend our home games. Accordingly, we are very pleased to confirm and share the two options below for you to select as comparable benefits for your 2020 membership. Choose either to:
1. Take the Rebels Pledge – confirm that you acknowledge that due to matters beyond our control we are unable to play these matches in Melbourne and receive a special benefits pack, which includes:
• Entries into the Rebels Pledge Major Prize Draw to win one of 10 incredible prizes (see below for the full list!)
• Tailored 2021 Member Benefits based on your membership type
• A limited edition Melbourne Rebels Pledge Pin
• Recognition on the 2020 Pledged Members Honour Board at Rebels HQ
2. Donate Your Membership Balance – support the financial stability of the club by giving the Club consent to donate the remaining balance of your membership via the Australian Sports Foundation. The ASF will then provide you with a tax-deductible receipt of this donation within the next couple of weeks.
By electing either of these options by clicking on the Pledge or Donate button below, you will be providing great assistance to the Club in these incredibly challenging times. We will be using the retained balance of 2020 memberships to ensure that we are best placed to arrive at the starting line of whatever competition is finalised for 2021 with as much home grown and retained Rebels talent as possible.
While your ongoing support is greatly appreciated, we are also conscious of the impact on each of you of COVID-19 and are cognisant that this won't be possible for everyone to commit to. If you require any more information about either of the options above – or to discuss your individual circumstances - please contact Thomas and Laurie at our Membership Helpdesk via 1300 897 715 or by replying to this email.
Please stay connected to the Club, the Rebels family and Victorian Rugby Community is here for you. We will get through this together.
Stay strong, stay safe and stay well.
2020 Member Pledge Prize draw
- $2,500 travel credit to enjoy a weekend away and attend a 2021 Melbourne Rebels away game of your choice.
- Membership Upgrade to Two Weary Dunlop Memberships in 2021
- Year’s supply of Brick Lane (case a fortnight) valued at $1,560
- $500 Voucher for Coles Myer
- $500 Uber Eats Voucher
- $500 Rebel Sport Voucher
- Year’s supply of Roll’d (one meal per week) up to $1,000
- Ultimate Rebels Insider Experience: Golf with a Rebels Foursome, Coaches Box In-Game Experience, Join a Team Dinner in Melbourne leading into a home game
- Luxury interstate trip to a Wallabies Test in 2021 including, Accommodation, Flights and Tickets to the value of $5,000
- Premium Matchday Experience with 10 tickets to attend the Chairman’s Club for a home game of your choosing in 2021